Published on July 25th, 2013 | by Ameena Rasheed
Would you try dating a friend for 40 days?
What do you do when the dating scene gets a little stale? Well, if you’re lucky and you have a best friend that’s single as well, you can date each other. No, seriously.
Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman, two friends with opposite relationship issues (Jessica jumps into relationships too fast and Timothy isn’t a fan of commitment), have decided to do an experiment where they date for 40 days. They add daily posts on their website.
An excerpt from the website:
It’s been said that it takes 40 days to change a bad habit. In an attempt to explore and hopefully overcome their fears and inadequacies, Tim and Jessica will go through the motions of a relationship for the next 40 days: the commitment, time, companionship, joys and frustrations. Can they help each other, or will they fall into their same habits? Will they damage their friendship? What if they fall in love?
They have six rules during their 40 days of dating:
- We will see each other every day for forty days
- We will see a couples therapist once a week
- We will fill out the daily questionnaire and document everything
- We will go on at least three dates a week
- We will go on one weekend trip together
- We will not see, date, hookup, or have sex with anyone else