Saturday YP essentials
Published on July 20th, 2013 | by Ameena Rasheed
- A very metal swap meet. Punk, metal and hard rock bands will bring their merchandise to sell at Metal Market, 2 p.m. at the Fremont, 1030 E. Ninth St. Free.
- Nappy Roots. Alternative southern rappers Nappy Roots return to play Krazee Kafe, 1410 Broadway Ave., at 1 p.m. The band is best known for the songs “Po’ Folks” and “Good Day.” Animal Team opens. $20-$25. 264-9440.
- Iowa Bacon Bowl. The Iowa Barnstormers and the creators of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival team up for the first Iowa Bacon Bowl at 3 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena, 730 Third St. The event begins with a bacon tailgate with food from local vendors. At 7 p.m. the Barnstormers take on the Utah Blaze, with the winning team getting a bacon trophy and five pounds of bacon for each player. At halftime the date for the 2014 Baconfest will be announced during a parachute bacon drop. $25. Go to dahlstickets.com.
- Brewfest. Enjoy more than 500 beers at the seventh annual Brewfest from 3 to 7 p.m. at Principal Park, 1 Live Drive. Admission gets you unlimited samples of well-known, new and limited release specialty beers. $25 through tikly.co, $30 at the door.
- Find an arty date (or just an arty friend) at Art Matchmaker
- 25 photos: Community July Social
- Easy espadrilles: 5 ways to wear summer’s perfect shoe
- We’re still looking for more awesome young professionals to share their job changes or promotions with Juice readers. Tell us a little about yourself.
- Do you want to be featured in Juice for the “What Drives Me” spotlight? If so, click here and tell us why you are driven.