Saturday YP essentials
Published on December 14th, 2013 | by Ameena Rasheed
- Tim Easton: Singer-songwriter Tim Easton performs at 9:30 p.m. at Vaudeville Mews, 212 Fourth St. Easton’s latest album, “Not Cool,” was released in August. His song “Burgundy Red” was nominated for the Independent Music Awards’ “Best Americana Song.” Lucca Soria opens. $8. Go to vaudevillemews.com.
- White Christmas Party: Channel your inner Bing Crosby or Rosemary Clooney for a swanky party at Americana, 1312 Locust St. The annual event will include dancing to tunes from DJ 2-4-8 and the $10 admission will be donated to Young Variety and the Des Moines Art Center’s educational programs.
- Sports bar standards at Jake’s in Ankeny
- Award-winning Smokey D’s can handle the lunch rush
- Zombie Ron Burgundy: Zombie Burger creates Anchorman burger and scotch shake